- Private pool
- Historic property
- Large groups
- Restaurants nearby
- Peaceful & quiet
Baronnie de Caux is a beautifully restored Maison de Maitre in Southern France. This large home boasts 7 bedrooms comfortably sleeping 14, Private swimming pool, expansive parkland grounds and a large sunny terrace. The beautiful house is perfect for large families or special occasions due to its fantastic location and grounds.
This large holiday home rental in South France is located in the pretty wine-making village of Caux, just 5 mins from the picturesque town of Pezenas.
About the property
This stunning holiday home is laid out over 3 floors and contains many of the original features, such as the patterned tiles, chandeliers and the elegant staircase. All the rooms are spacious and come with high ceilings.
On the ground floor you will find :
- A lovely, quiet sitting room with armchairs and a sofa, surrounded by bookcases
- Large formal dining room with seating for 12-14 people
- An open plan living room, with patio doors providing access to the terrace
- Fully Equipped kitchen with a large range oven, American fridge-freezer, dishwasher andespresso machine
- Utility room with laundry facilities
- Guest WC
On the first floor:
- The impressive Master bedroom contains a king size double bed, en-suite bathroom with free-standing bath, shower, toilet and wash basin
- Bedroom 2 comes with a double bed and walk in closet.
- Bedroom 3 is a large bedroom with double bed, walk-in closet
- Family bathroom with a bath, separate shower, toilet and wash basin
On the second floor:
- Bedroom 4 is fitted with a double bed and walk in closet.
- Bedroom 5 is a generous-sized bedroom with double bed, walk-in closet
- Bedrooms 6 & 7 are perfect for a family with children and they share a bathroom. Bedroom 6 comes with twin beds and a baby cot. Bedroom 7 has a large double bed.
- Family bathroom fitted with a bath, separate shower, toilet and wash basin
The outdoor space features:
- A large gated driveway with parking for 3-4 cars
- A spacious covered terrace, with large tables & chairs, sun loungers, cushioned seating areas and atmospheric lighting
- Gated swimming pool with generous sun terrace, summer kitchen and bathroom facilities including a toilet, shower and sauna
- Large parkland garden - perfect for an afternoon game of Boules, hide and seek, tree-climbing (in fact any activity you can find to keep your husbands entertained!)
The rental prices for the Baronnie de Caux include the linen, towels and end of stay cleaning. Additional services such as mid-stay cleaning, catered meals, baby-sitting and wine-tasting can all be arranged.
Baronnie - Large holiday home rental South France - our Opinion
Visited March 2020 -The Baronnie is an 19th Century property located in the centre of the village. The property is ideal for a large family reunion or for 3-4 families to enjoy together. There is plenty of space both inside and out.
The garden is enormous and it is probably better to describe it as a park. There is a large private swimming pool, with lovely summer kitchen and a generous sun terrace.
As well as barbecue facilities, the Baronnie provides a large terrace for dining, a Boules pitch, table tennis and games for children. The property is totally private and safe for children to wander and explore.
The Baronnie de Caux provides the setting for an unforgettable holiday experience in South of France.
- Linen & towels provided
- Peaceful & Quiet
- Pet friendly
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- 4 bath
- 7 bed
- Beach nearby
- Beautiful location
- Character property
This large holiday home rental in South France is situated in the charming village of Caux. Caux has grocer store, bar/restaurants, wine shops, bakery, post office, pizza take away and weekly market. The Mediterranean coast is 20-30 minutes to the south, the hills and mountains 30 minutes to the north and Montpellier, the thriving capital of the Languedoc is 45 minutes away by car. The Languedoc is one of the most diverse regions of France, offering mountains, lakes, rivers and beautiful stretches of coastline. The Languedoc is the most prolific wine-producing area of France and a happy afternoon can be spent touring the many vineyards and tasting the local produce. Local sites include:
The Canal du Midi which links the Atlantic with the Mediterranean and offers miles of flat walks along the shady tow-paths. A choice of boat excursions can be taken Carcassonne castle is well worth a visit, especially on jousting days! Golf courses nearby at Beziers and Cap d`Agde Funfair at Vias Plage (July and August) Bassin de Thau - a calm inland sea teeming with fish and producing over half the oysters consumed in France. Villages, such as Bouzigues and Meze, have many restaurants serving sumptuous platters of fresh shellfish. Haut-Languedoc Regional Nature Park - a very beautiful area only 30 minutes drive away, with its stunning gorges and superb walking, hiking, river rafting, water sports and carp fishing. Roquebrun (called “Little Nice“) with its Mediterranean garden with over 400 species. Pezenas 5kms away - City of Moliere with an exceptional architectural heritage. Numerous arts and crafts artists with workshops open to the public. Large market every Saturday. Spain - an hour`s drive to the border.
Check in times
Check in from 16.00 on day of arrival. Check out before 10.00 on day of departure.
Caux is located just 5kms from the historic town of Pezenas, where you can access the A75 motorway.
The nearest airport to the Baronnie de Caux, is Beziers airport, which is just 20 mins drive away. Further airports are available in:
Montpellier (45 mins)
Carcassonne (1 hour 15 mins)
Perpignan (1 hour)
Nimes (1 hour 15 mins)
There is a TGV train station at Beziers, which is 25 minutes away by taxi. There is a regular bus service between Caux and Pezenas. In Pezenas, you can take connecting buses to Beziers, Montpellier and to the coast (Cap d´Agde and Vias Plage).
The booking terms for this the Baronnie holiday home rental in Caux, South France, are as follows:
25% non-refundable deposit at time of reservation, balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival. €500 security deposit to cover damage and breakages (to be refunded after check out).
Sleeps 8+ (#1)
|Tariff||Valid from||Valid til||Rate|
|Christmas/New Year||Sunday, 13 December 2020||Saturday, 09 January 2021||3,500.00€ Per week|
|Early season||Saturday, 03 April 2021||Friday, 30 April 2021||2,500.00€ Per week|
|Early summer||Saturday, 01 May 2021||Friday, 02 July 2021||3,650.00€ Per week|
|High season||Saturday, 03 July 2021||Friday, 27 August 2021||4,200.00€ Per week|
|Late summer||Saturday, 28 August 2021||Thursday, 30 September 2021||3,650.00€ Per week|