- Airport nearby
- Private pool
- Shops nearby
- Restaurants nearby
- Peaceful & quiet
This luxury art deco villa in South of France with private pool dates from the 1930´s. Located in Vence, in the suburbs high above Nice, this villa can accommodate up to 6 people in 3 sumptuous bedrooms. This South France luxury villa is located in the next street to the former residence of the famous French artist, Henri Matisse. Set in a beautiful neighbourhood filled with palm trees and stunning houses, this luxury villa comes with sea views, a large garden and a lovely private pool. The centre of Vence is 5 minutes walk and here you will find plenty of restaurants, shops and cafes. Vence is just 5 minutes drive to the beautiful hilltop town of St Paul de Vence.
About the property
Luxury villa South of France - facilities
You enter this luxury villa in Vence, South France, up some beautiful stone steps and into the original art-deco portico. This stunning glass entrance hall contains the original floor tiling, a large sofa and stone seating. The entrance hall leads down a corridor to the large open plan living room.
- The living room contains a large white corner sofa, a rectangular coffee table, a dining table with chairs and a flat screen TV, located underneath the stylish staircase (care must be taken with young children on the staircase as the steps are completely open - there is a designer bannister rail along the wall).
- Two sets of Patio doors lead out from the living room onto a decking area with sunbeds.
- At the end of the living room, there is a cosy snug area with open fireplace, two antique armchairs and a lovely old bar, which has been converted into a workstation.
Also on the ground floor, there is a large kitchen.
- The kitchen contains a large island and sleak fitted cupboards. Underneath the original chimney breast, there is a large range hob, an oven and a microwave. There is also a large stainless steel fridge-freezer.
- Back steps lead down from the kitchen into the garden.
On the first floor you will find 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms.
- The huge master bedroom is located on the upper first floor, built into the roof space. The bedroom comes with a large king-size bed, an antique dressing table, an antique desk/workstation, a sitting area with leather sofa and an open plan en suite bathroom, that comes with a free-standing bath with shower attachment, a toilet and wash basin.
- The master bedroom also has a second double bed located under the eaves, that is perfect for young children.
- Bedroom 2 contains a Queen-size bed, wardrobe and chest of drawers. Two windows provide views of the garden and sun deck. This bedroom is decorated beautifully in a combination of burnt orange and a mushroom beige colour, together with lovely window drapes.
- Bedroom 3 has a double bed, large wardrobe, night table and even a rocking horse. The two windows provide views of the garden and pool.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 share a beautiful family bathroom, with original art-deco floor tiles, a bath, walk-in shower, wash basin and toilet.
Outside: this original art-deco villa is located in the centre of a square garden. The garden contains a good sized private pool (8m x 4m), a sun deck, a covered terrace with outdoor table and chairs and a patio furniture. This really is a lovely space to spend time in. The garden is beautifully maintained and contains mature plants and trees, stone walls and a nice set of stone terrace steps which lead up from the pool to the sun deck and covered terrace.
Luxury villa South of France - prices
The prices for this Vence luxury villa, South of France are weekly and include all bed linen, towels and utilities. End of stay cleaning is included in the price.
Luxury villa South of France - our verdict
This stunning villa in Vence, South of France, provides luxury accommodation in the suburbs above Nice. The wonderful garden and beautiful neighbourhood makes you feel that you are in a village, rather than on the edge of Nice. Located close to the beautiful hilltop village of St Paul de Vence and close to Mougins, Monaco, Villefranche-sur-Mer and Roquebrune, you are unlikely to find more stylish accommodation in such a central location on the French Riviera.
- Satellite TV
- Washing machine
- 2 bath
- 3 bed
- Air con
- Beach nearby
Vence is a beautiful location, situated in the hills above Nice. Nice has more museums and art galleries than any other French city outside of Paris. Nice is also home to an enormous street carnival in February and also the oldest Jazz festival, held in July each year. There is not a week goes by when there is not a festival, exhibition of conference taking place in Nice. The Promenade des Anglais is the circular beachfront that forms the heart of Nice.
Other local beaches are located 20kms away at Antibes, Villefranche, Cannes and Theoule-sur-Mer. There are also numerous watersports centres for scuba diving, windsurfing, jet-skiiing and sailing.
Other locations closeby include the Gorge du Verdon canyon, Monaco, Mougins (where Picasso used to live), St Paul de Vence (both Matisse and Marc Chagall lived here), Antibes (where you will find the excellent Marineland aquarium and water park) and the exclusive resorts of Cap Ferrat, Villefranche and Eze.
Check in times
Check in after 4.00pm on the day of arrival. Check out before 10.00am on day of departure.
This luxury villa in South France is located in Vence on Avenue du Maréchal Joffre, just off the Avenue de Provence which bisects the town of Vence.
To reach this luxury villa in Vence, South France, you can fly to:
Nice airport - 15 kms
Marseilles airport - 180 kms
Toulon airport - 135 kms
The TGV reaches the Cote d´Azur in just under 5 hours (Nice train station). From Nice, you can take a taxi direct to the property (around 15-20 mins).
The booking terms for this Vence luxury villa, South France, are as follows:
Security deposit of 500€.
25% paid on reservation.
Balance paid 8 weeks before arrival.
Sleeps 4-6 (#1)
|Tariff||Valid from||Valid til||Rate|
|Low season||Sunday, 01 November 2020||Monday, 31 May 2021||4,000.00€ Per week|
ReviewsYou need to be logged in to post a review.
- Value for money
Aoua and her husband were extremely friendly and responded to any questions quickly and efficiently. As only one of my family members drove to the villa, they kindly drove us car-less visitors to and from the airport on request (and, of course, for a reasonable fee). The villa is really magnificent, and much appreciated by us all, including the lovely pool. A great deal of care and attention to detail is evident both internally and externally. The garden is a delight! Thank you from us all, Aoua and Cyril! xxx
Date: August 2017
We had such a great time there and enjoy it very much. The feeling was a mix between visit very good and very nice friends and a living in a Luxury Hotel. Aoua and her husband are so nice, sweet and polite and their House and garden absolutely fantastic.
Date: September 2015
Aoua and her family were very kind. I felt as if I was a welcome guest in their home. The house is beautiful, a real gem. If you have a change (while they are still renting) grab it! The architecture is grand, the colors well chosen. Eating breakfast outside on the patio was great. Aoua and Cyril went out of their way to speak with me in my broken french (at my request) and mix it up with english for both our benefit. The bed was very comfortable and the neighborhood, while being only a 5 minute walk to town, was very quiet -- the best sleep I had on the trip. I would not hesitate to go back if I get the chance. Thank you so much!
Date: September 2015
So happy to have booked this amazing house. We really had the most wonderful stay at this villa in beautiful Vence. Aoua and her husband is just so sweet and great. Couldn't wished for more. Hope to be back soon :).
Reviewer: Samareh Zamani,
Date: July 2016